Friday, November 27, 2009

Video introspection

I have to wonder why I even bought this video: "Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial," and why I even started watching it. I'm upstairs at my computer, and I don't need that NOVA show about the Dover trial to tell me that the trial blasted Creationism into shattered (legal) pieces, pieces I already knew were in sad, stupid shards by the time I was 12 or so, around 1960. Maybe it just was seeing a smart (Republican-appointed) judge doing his judicial thing. Or seeing dumb-heads being made fools of.

But, hey, I grew up in a home in which loving parents kept telling me that imposible things were true. (Walk on water! Food for everybody! Fish and wine, you meek dudes! Hey, there, Lazarus, get up, welcome to life!, etc.) I loved my parents, as I was loved. But try being a loving son while stepping so gently through religious cow pies, watching grown-ups marching off to church each Sunday to show off their lack of brains. Not easy.

Hmm. I think I am going to go back downstairs to watch the rest of this video. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment